Friday, August 3, 2012

The Puzzle Pieces

I'll be honest.  I've never even thought about having a blog, until recently.  Yet, here I am.  Why?  I am in the midst of optimistically pursuing.  That is essentially it.  I want.  And desire.  True knowledge.

This isn't regular, random fact knowledge.  No.  That type of "knowledge," although true, is hardly applicable, nor special as all we need to do to find that is look it up on any computer or mobile device.  My pursuit is of knowledge that makes people, communities, and overall life satisfaction better.  My sources are both religious and secular.  It may seem like these don't mix well, but that only comes from seeing the issue at a superficial level.  My experience has shown me that both, together, gives a solid foundation of true knowledge.  One only need to dive deeper than the surface, and find the pieces of truth found therein.

I believe that when one is honestly searching for truth, they will eventually find it.

Truth is a composite of three things:

1. Doctrine (or the reason)

2. Principle (or the law or laws of the reason)

3. Facts (generally historical in nature, they describe simple "events").

Truth is independent, and yet interrelated with other truths.  That might seem impossible.  However, it is one of the most beautiful aspects of truth; and is one of the reasons I have been drawn into this pursuit.  All truth is tied together. It is like a puzzle, how each piece is independent yet connects perfectly to other pieces. This is possibly more obvious in the science of physics, where each new discovery fits perfectly with earlier ones.  E = mc^2 is a great example as the speed of light and mass is related to energy released during nuclear fission.  Seems far fetched that someone could figure out this relationship, but Einstein found this piece of truth. 

This is why I am writing.  I want to put that ultimate puzzle together. I know I won't find all the pieces, as the puzzle is too big to ever finish within a lifetime. But that won't stop me from trying.

As it has been my experience that when something new is learned, when pondered and written down, consider it remembered.  This blog is going to be a record of that journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment